Wednesday, April 10, 2013

How?

I hope you guys are having an awesome day! I am still trying to get over a cold that has given me some issues for the last week, but I believe that the onslaught of fluids and medicine is finally beginning to win this war! Enough about that though because I wanted to take a little bit of time today and talk about a new thing I am planning to do on Wednesdays!

Have you guys ever had a question about something regarding your character and wished that you could find a simple answer? It seems like now days every player and their brother has a manifesto on how to play your class perfectly. The only problem is that often times these "guides" are in conflict with one another. Then what do you do? Well, I would assume that you pick the one that you like and begin the lengthy drawn out procedure of following the three hundred and seventy four step plan to being the best?


God bless you if you actually do that. I for one instantly lose all interest in reading something when it comes across as being the "ten commandments" of unlimited power for class X. I have always held a strong belief that there are countless ways to play a class effectively and much of that will have to do with where and who you plan to play with. That is one reason why I have always shied away from writing guides about how best to play your character, yet a part of me also feels like that is wrong since I do have a lot of experience as a player. So how do you strike a balance to not be too preachy with providing solid information?

Well, that is something I am going to try to answer every Wednesday in a new series that I plan on starting. My goal is to share my views on how I play my character(s). In other words I want to provide some solid information for those who may need it, but I do not want anyone thinking that my way is the only way. It is simply the way that I have found to work best for me. So starting next week I will begin to discuss how I have chosen to play my Paladin in Workshop Wednesdays.

No comments: