Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Brunch: The Return

I hope you all are doing great today! The sun is shining outside and it looks to be another beautiful day here. Now if we could ditch the humidity, then it would be a near perfect day. As you all know Sunday is the day that we have brunch and talk a little bit about what has been going on in my life recently. With the disclaimer out of the way, then I am assuming that you are still reading because you are interested in the non-gaming side of my life.

This week marked the return to my job. Now I honestly do not think I have mentioned this in the past, but I had been off work for over four months due to some personal health issues. Without going into the specifics of it, the doctor and I felt that it was a good time to tread the waters and see how the stress of working would go. The good news is that I have not yet snapped and hurt anyone. The bad news is that the steering on my car blew out on the second day back. The end story for this week is that I dealt with the stress of returning to work and the car breaking down without having any sort of health issues creep up. So that is a big plus in my book.

This week also saw the launch of the brand new MAS Gaming Community website. I can honestly say that when it comes to that site, I have very little to do other than try to organize some things and provide feedback. The true credit goes to Haqzore (formerly Scrawny). He came to me a couple weeks back and mentioned he had been working on a new site. We talked about some ideas and then opened up to the rest of the community's staff and I think the end result turned out very well. If you guys get a chance, swing by the site and let us know what you think about it. In the future I plan to spend some time here talking about the community we have, but today is not that day.

In closing I just wanted to say that I appreciate you guys for taking time out of your day and stopping by here. I truly miss when I do not get to post and it feels good to (hopefully) get back on track. Well, go and enjoy what is left of your weekend and I will see you guys later!

No comments: