Wednesday, June 20, 2012

(MoP) Mists of Pandaria: Black Market Auction House

Hello all and happy hump day! There has been a lot of information coming out lately about the beta that covers a wide variety of things. I had actually written up a pretty lengthy post about the Black Market Auction House and my belief that people are blowing things out of proportion for nothing. Then I came across the following post on the WoW forums by Zarhym and decided it actually stated everything I felt in a much more civil way. So enjoy!

No one should count on this even being close to a viable option for gearing up a character. If you can raise that kind of gold in the game, you're going to have much better success paying your way into raids for gear than hoping the right items appear for you in the black market AH (which doesn't include set pieces), hoping you can afford to outbid everyone else on your realm, and hoping you're the last one to bid before the auction ends.

Sure, it'll have some of the best rewards for sale. But that doesn't mean it'll be remotely reliable for one person to gear up quickly. It's the black market, after all. :)

Ultimately the system is going to benefit the extremely wealthy and the extremely lucky. But in all likelihood the benefits won't at all be consistent, even for those who can pony up the gold.



That right there pretty much wrapped everything up nice and tight in my opinion. Yes, people are still going to complain and cry unfair, but that is the nature of these glorious interwebs is it not? In the end of the day, I believe that this new auction house is going to be a good thing and only time will truly be able to tell how this turns out.

In other news, you may have noticed that I added a new page here at Holy Shock! That is right, I have added a page where you can go to view the ongoing series entitled The Nub Seeker. I just wanted to say that I appreciated everyone who took the time to watch any of the episodes. If you guys haven't check it out, then please do so. Also feel free to comment, rate, and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Well guys, I think I have taken up enough of your time today, hope you guys have a great rest of the week!

No comments: