Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Yesterday Was A Good Day

As the title says, I had an extremely good day yesterday. After some really bad days, it was a pleasant relief to feel that great at the end of a day. So why was the day so good? Well, first the new computer arrived for my wife and very shortly it will be assembled and ready for her use. As for me, well I woke up yesterday and spent the entire day working in my soon to be new office! I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I have been working on that room for probably a month or more and now that it is within range I am unbelievably excited. All that is left is to run the internet to the office and move the equipment and I should be good to go.

Now I was already pretty happy with my day, but it only got better for me! Late in the evening I was digging the grand canyon in Minecraft, when I heard my wife talking with some guild members in Mumble. Their discussion centered around a lack of people raiding. Now I knew a guild sponsored PuG had cleared to Death Wing and I assumed that was the focus of the conversation. I asked if they needed my help and shortly thereafter logged on to my Paladin to attempt to help them.

The group made their first attempt on Death Wing and made it to the head where something happened to our tank who went from 100% health to zero in one hit. I was not really sure what caused it, but was fairly confident that it was not due to healing, although I may be biased there. The second attempt saw Death Wing go down. I was really happy to offer my help because I wanted to the guild members who had put the effort into the raid get the kill finally. As my reward I won the Maw of the Dragonlord.

Overall it was a really good day. I am sore as heck from the work and tired from staying up to raid, but I think it was well worth it.

No comments: