Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Brunch 5.27.12

This week seems as though it flew by so quickly. In truth though, that may be a good thing because it means nothing actually stressed me out too bad. My son's last day of school was Wednesday and that has definitely livened things up around the house for the last few days. I am really trying my hardest to not be short with him, but he definitely tries my patience sometimes. I figure I will give him a pass on some things because it is the end of school year excitement that is wearing off and I do not want to ruin that for him; however, by next week the summer rules are going to be more strictly enforced so that he and the rest of the family can get into a good routine.

Speaking of routines, how are guys liking the new series that have been launched around here? I know I am really enjoying having more of a structure to write within. I honestly feel like the quality of the posts have really improved from this change and hope to continue it going forward. One thing I noticed when I was looking things over was that the writing has been a little light in terms of healing and Paladin content. The reason for this is because I do not feel there is enough relevant new information to write about at the present. Now that does not mean that something will not pop up every now and then, but I just do not feel there is enough to warrant devoting an ongoing series at this time. I do expect this to change in the near future as more information is released through the beta. Now having said that, I do have some plans going forward to devote some time to a couple series that are focused on WoW and more specifically playing particular classes and filling the roles that those classes have available. Stay tuned for more information on that!

Well, this week was a good week for me as I cleared a lot more of the clutter from what is slowly beginning to resemble a really nice office (or man cave if you will). I cleared out the largest bulk of the old paperwork this past week and then treated myself to a reward. A new small refrigerator! Nothing better than gaming with ice cold drinks at hand. Next up on the list of renovations is to replace a window that is probably 50 years old! I desperately need this because summer is coming on quickly and ninety degrees with humidity is a bit much to bare without some form of air conditioning. With that in mind, I have a gentleman coming out from a local store to take measurements at the first part of this week. Hopefully I can then get the window installed by the end of the week and have a new window air conditioning unit installed soon after! High five for not sweating while gaming!

Speaking of sweat, it was so miserably humid the other day that it looked like I went for a swim in the river after spending a couple hours out in the yard planting flours. While the weather was miserably, planting perennials will certainly be a great thing come next year when I do not have to repeat this grueling process. Next up on the list is probably getting some vegetables planted. I have a small side area to the yard which gets a large amount of sunlight and I think it would be perfect to plant some tomato plants!

Well, as you can see not a whole lot has been going on with me this week aside from just some housework. That actually is a blessing after the prior three weeks I had. Well, if you are here in the States, then you will be celebrating Memorial Day on Monday. I hope you all have a great holiday. Stay safe and if you know a Veteran (past or present), make sure and thank them for their contribution for your freedoms. To everyone, hope you had a great weekend and an even better Monday!

No comments: