Saturday, May 26, 2012

Saturday Reviews: Weebly

Quite frankly I hate the title, but I like the concept! So what is Saturday Reviews exactly? Well, this is the day that I will talk about services that I use, equipment that I have bought, add-ons that I support, and a whole other bunch of stuff like that. When I review something, I will be straight forward and completely honest with you guys. If it is a case where I have an affiliation/association, then I will also disclose that to you guys as well. Alright? Then let's begin shall we?

Today's review is going to be focused on the services of Weebly. I am a member of the Weebly affiliate program, just so you guys do know this. As a member of their affiliate program, I am only compensated if someone buys a service by clicking on the link I have located on my blog. I do not receive any compensation for someone who simply goes and looks at their site or opens up a free Weebly web page. I felt that important to share with you guys. I only recently joined that program, but I have been a user of Weebly services since June of 2009. So the big question is why?

The main reason I chose to go with Weebly above any other service that was out there at the time was because of their easy to use platform. I knew very little about using HTML at the time and the ability to just move my cursor, click on something, drag it to where I wanted it, and then drop it into the webpage was simply awesome. On top of that, it was free! Nothing beats free right?

Speaking of free, here is a list of all the drag and drop features you get with your free Weebly webpage:

  • Paragraph w/Title
  • Paragraph w/Picture
  • Picture
  • Title
  • Paragraph
  • Contact Form
  • Multiple Columns (Which I use to have so much fun with by the way!)
  • Custom HTML
  • *Button
  • Photo Gallery
  • Slideshow
  • File
  • Flash
  • Google Maps
  • YouTube Video (Not really sure what this does since I always used the embed code from YouTube.)
  • Google AdSense
  • Product Block
  • Product Small
  • Product Regular
  • Product Large
  • Divider
  • Feed Reader
  • RSVP Form
  • Survey
  • Hundreds of Themes
  • Multiple Pages
  • Ability to add Site Editors
  • All sorts of settings to optimize the ability for web browsers to find your page
  • Blog

* I marked the button because this is kind of cool. You can place whatever kind of text on the button you would like to and then have it direct to a link that you have preset. It is pretty basic, but depending on what kind of website you have, that could be useful.

The thing that always amazed me was how powerful these tools really are. As I started learning how to create HTML code, it really opened up a lot of room to customize the site you are working on. For instance, you can use the column code and then insert other items inside of it.There is just so much potential in these tools and that potential only grows every year as they continue to bring out new features.

So with all those awesome features you may have noticed that I have my blog located here instead of there. The simple truth is that a lot of my readers, at the time, were unable to view Holy Shock on Weebly due to security at their company's work location. I truly believe that the majority of us do in fact read blogs during the day while working, and so I felt it best to keep the blog easy to access for you guys.

That having been said, I did purchase my domain through Weebly. I shopped around and compared pricing between some of the larger, more well known domain services, but at the end of the day Weebly simply beat them hands down in terms of pricing and customer service.

Customer service is a huge part of my life and when I find a company who responds efficiently and quickly to my inquiries, they have me for life as a customer.. unless their prices become unreasonable. Which I am happy to say is not the case currently, and I hope it never is the case. The truth is that I really have nothing but great things to say about this company and the services that they offer. If you are looking for an easy to use website creation service, then I would recommend checking them out.

As a side note, I didn't even go into talking about what their paid services offer because I believe that if you try to free service, then you will know that their paid service is just as good. If you decide to check them out, then please feel free to click the link here on Holy Shock!

Have a great weekend guys!

No comments: