Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Diablo III Has An Easy Mode?

Alright, so I really couldn't think of a clever title for this post; however, we are definitely going to talk a little bit about Diablo III today! I actually just wanted to take some time and share with you something that I only recently discovered and that is Elective Mode!

Now I had heard plenty of videos and read a few write ups about the mode, but I never really understood it. Hell, I even read the damn tool tip and didn't catch what it meant. In short, Elective Mode allows you to have any skill that you have learned positioned under any key on your bar. Well, because I did not figure this out until right before my fight with Diablo, I decided I would do a small walkthrough on how to activate this mode for anyone else who may not know or understand.

1. Open up your game menu options screen by hitting your ESC key or by selecting the option on your game screen. The following screen will appear.

2. On your option menu, move your mouse to the Elective Mode box and select it as shown in the below screen shot.

3. With this mode now activated, you will want to load your character that you wish to now play and open the skill menu. As you can see from the screen shot below, I have my Barbarian's skill menu open and it is currently set with my primary skill being set to Frenzy and the secondary skill being set to Seismic Slam.


4. What you now want to do is go in and select a skill that you wish to change. For the purposes of this walkthrough, I have chosen to work with my secondary skill as demonstrated in the following screenshot.

5. At this point, you should now see two new arrows on your skill menu. They will be located at the top of the screen on each side of your skills for that particular skill set (primary, secondary, and numbers 1 - 4). In addition to these, you will also see a yellow arrow at the bottom of your screen that is hovering over the current skill set that you are configuring. For the purposes of this walkthrough, I have chosen to select Cleave (from my primary skill set) as my secondary skill.


All that is left to do now is close the skill menu and go kick some devil ass! With the Elective Mode activated, your combination of skills now becomes astronomical. This mode probably could have saved me quite a bit of work during my initial play in normal mode. Unfortunately, I did not understand this mode's capabilities until right before my Diablo encounter. Well that is all I have for today guys. I hope this walkthrough has been helpful! If you guys want to see more stuff like this in the future, then make sure and comment or email me at Ruhtra@HolyShock.com to let me know!

No comments: