Friday, April 6, 2012

Giant Carrots

So yesterday I mentioned that I would be talking a little bit more about the Mist of Pandaria beta and I aim to please! I received my personal beta access in the early morning hours yesterday (4:11 AM EST here in the States) and was excited to get some hands on time with the game. That did not work out exactly as I had hoped though as some personal stuff came up that kept me out of the house for the majority of the day. The good news is I have had some hands on time already from my wife being kind enough to let me dabble in the expansion via her beta key last week, and then of course I have just spent the last hour or so mucking about through the starting zone for the Pandas.


I am not sure if this is the kind of carrot that you all were hoping to see, but I couldn't help but take a screen shot of that monster carrot. I think I know where the Easter Bunny will be going first this year! I am not quite sure on how or what information I am going to be bringing forth from the beta simply because there are so many great sources out there that can probably provide you with a lot more depth and insight into what is going on, but I do promise that as I come across things that I find of personal interest or somewhat humorous (aka the giant carrot), you can definitely expect to see those.

Right now a lot of the game is really in rough shape. What I mean by that, and I am sure you are well aware of it yourself, is that a lot of the game elements that I feel I could best break down have not really been added in yet. Now as they continue to introduce newer builds I am sure that will change, but until then there is not a whole lot of brand new stuff that I can show you.

I believe tomorrow, when I get some time, I will begin working on copying some of my capped characters over so I can check out how things feel on them. I am somewhat hesitant to get to involved with that though as it is so early in the beta that a lot of things will definitely change. As it stands now I am looking at bringing over my Paladin and Druid, as those will be the characters that I will be most focused on at the beginning of MoP. I am extremely interested in the Hunter class, but I will probably rely more on my own guild members for that information and testing, as well as other more well know sites that we all know and love.

Well, I think that about does it for me today. I know I didn't really bring you a lot of new stuff today, but I promise to share what I do find and if you have any questions or things that you might want me to check out, then drop me a note here on the blog or contact me via my guild's forums! (Which has a link over there to the right!) Take care and I will see you all later!

No comments: