Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Cow Throwing It Down!

So last night I was feeling a slight bit burned out on running stuff with Ruhtra. So I did the daily quest to try and get my white polar bear mount, did the argent tourney dailies for more tokens to eventually get another mount from there, and then I ran some 2v2 arena with my partner to cap my points for the week. Now at this point in the season, I am just collecting the conquest tokens to turn in and buy some PVP gear for my Prot build. I doubt very seriously that I will ever use the gear in a serious manner, but it is a nice comfort having it on while doing dailies and what not. After all that I decided I wanted a change of pace and so enter the cow!

I switched to Holeycow and decided that I would run a couple of random dungeons and work on acquiring some new gear for him. Now my goal with the cow is to get him geared for PVE first and then PVP second. So I queued up for my first run and got a pretty good group. Well, everyone was good except for this one Death Knight. Why is it always the Death Knights? So we are in the Lost City of Tolvir (?) and we get to the second mob which is the individual mob that does the Shamanesque (?) type earthquake move. The poor DK stands in it and proceeds to die. Yes, I still refuse to heal stupid. So after we finish the mob, I apologize for not healing the guy and rez him. Well, I tried to rez him, but he didn't take the rez. I asked him if he got the rez and he tells us he is on a two minute timer. Really? I couldn't help but laugh to myself. He eventually rezes and then we proceed to the first boss.

The tank had whispered me and said I was being extremely nice to the DK at this point and I responded with some jokes and we started in on the boss. Things were going smooth for everyone but the DK who stood in every AoE that the boss had to offer and promptly died because of this. We waited for him to run back in to us and I mentioned to him that he may want to move out of any spell that pops underneath him as the nasty stuff was killing him. Remarkably he didn't get mad at me for making the suggestion. He did end up needing to go and get his gear repaired and that took him quite some time to do. He finally managed to find someone to fix his gear and he returned to us. He actually managed to stay alive on the croc boss, but made sure to make up for it by going out in the second phase of the next boss. I do not know why, but he decided to stand in the bosses AoE and die rather than do what everyone else did. I covered for him some by dropping my elemental totems and popping bloodlust.

At this point I figured this guy was either new or trolling us. Either way, I just wanted to get done. So one the last boss I made sure to tell him to kill the adds and then let him know when it was okay to attack the boss. We completed the run and no one had died except the poor DK. So at his point I really do not know if this guy was really that bad or just trolling. Either way it made for a fun night of laughing at the many ways he found to die. I can say though that he killed he my desire to heal any more dungeons last night. I retreated to the relative safety of Backyard Monsters on Facebook.

So you guys had any runs like that? Where someone was so bad it was just funny?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am currently leveling my first Hpally, and in the Stratholme dungeon in vanilla there was this bear tank that would not talk to anybody but just kept running into as many mobs as he could possibly grab without stopping, and then run them all back toward us. Of course we would wipe and then found ourselves stuck at the entrance screaming at him in English and Spanish to stop, but he kept doing it over and over. It was frustrating because we could not kick him (on Kick CD, big surprise) and we did not want to leave because of long queues without a tank. He stayed silent the whole time, so I saw a Warlock run out of the instance as soon as the bear would come stupidly plodding toward us with like 35 mobs in tow. After that last wipe we all did what the Lock did and just ran out of the instance when he appeared. After we did this twice he finally left. We joked about it all instance long with the new tank who showed up and did his job fine. Nearest we could figure it was a little kid that knew how to transform into a bear and queue for a dungeon but that was about all...

Ruhtra said...

@ Anonymous

Good Lord, the Vanilla content and even the BC content to some extent is just plain brutal. When leveling Holeycow up, I experienced so many bad players that I began to wonder if I am just setting my goals to high?

Anonymous said...

Bad players will always exist, it makes finding a good/fun player that much more cool I guess. I'm actually having sooooo much more fun healing BG's than Dungeons right now. Having a bad player or two in Wrath Dungeons makes the dungeons a little more exciting since they are already easy to heal IMHO. When a chode pulls extra mobs by wandering around then I actually start to watch mana and CD's otherwise it's pretty easy. I only healed in cata a lttle bit with a druid and not 85's or heroics yet, so I guess the bad players are helping train me for when the heat really gets turned up...

Ruhtra said...

@ Anonymous

Yeah the bad players now will continue in their ways and definitely make things more... interesting.

Healing in BGs is a 50/50 for me. Sometimes it is fun (usually low levels) and sometimes it feels like a job (usually at 85).

When I level an alt I typically like to mix up some BGs, dungeons, power leveling with friends help, and just a little questing right now. Variety is the spice of life.

Anonymous said...

Same sentiment here, I wonder though, does it seem that player types diverge at max level? I mean, do most wither focus on PvP or Raids/Heroics? Or do the majority of players keep on mixing it up all the way to the top?

Ruhtra said...

@ Anonymous

I am not so sure if it is that they diverge, but I think that by the time you hit level cap you understand more about the game overall and you tend to enjoy one type of play style more than others.

My own personal experience is that most players at level cap tend to mix it up, but they focus more closely on one certain aspect of the game.

I think that happens because at the higher levels of PVP and Progression Raiding, the little things make a huge difference and so you find yourself looking to optimize your builds for the content that you enjoy the most. I hope that makes sense.