Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Something Borrowed

I have been doing a lot of healing here lately with my Shaman, and let me say that I am jealous that my Paladin cannot handle groups as easily as my Shaman can. Now before anyone thinks that this is going to be a post filled with complaining and whining, let me reassure you that it is not. Instead it is a post that suggests borrowing an idea from both the Priest and the Shaman classes, attach a small instant heal onto the Paladin cleanse ability.

I know I am always preaching about how I hate the homogenization of classes, but this is one thing that would benefit all of the classes. I know that when I heal with both my Priest and my Shaman, I am much more apt to actually remove the nasty things that are eating away at my party members; however, on my Paladin I rarely cleanse those things because it is extremely expensive and I would rather just heal through the majority of the stuff on my party.

I think one of the reasons that I like this idea is that it would have very little effect on balance issues between PVE and PVP. In PVP I do cleanse often and getting a nice little (key word being little) heal would be a nice bonus. In PVE I would actually cleanse more often if there was a heal associated with me using a global cool down on someone. The big thing to pick up in this is the word "little". The heal should in no way be comparable to Holy Shock, but it should be enough to notice.

So what about you guys? What do you think could be some minor changes that would help to improve your role or class? Is there a minor ability like Cleanse that could be tinkered with that would give some sort of incentive to use it more?

No comments: