Thursday, July 15, 2010

Time Flies

It seems like this year is just flying by doesn't it? Maybe it is just me, but I still feel like it should be cold out and I should have nice warm covers to hide under instead of the ninety (F) and higher temperatures we are having around here. I am not complaining, but it would be nice if things slowed down some for me. That being said, I added another little side project to my list of things to do and I am happy to say that it is finally ready to be unvieled and discussed! So, for anyone in my guild, my apologies that I did not inform you that the old guild website was no longer available but allow me to introduce to you (and anyone else who is reading this) the new Mass Affluent Slayers website that is being hosted right here on Blogger!

Feel free to poke around the site. There are a couple reasons that we decided to make the switch from the old host and bring it over here to Blogger. The number one reason for me is simply accessibility. I know I can access Blogger from anywhere. Blogger is a trusted site at every job I have ever had the privilage of working and you want a guild site to be accessible right? The second thing that stood out to me is the availability to add help to managing the site. Over at our forums, I am able to provide different levels of administration access which is why things stay up to date and tidy. The third, and maybe most important reason, is that of getting more attention. I am a huge numbers person. I crunch them all day at work. I crunch them when I am looking over what to do with my characters. Hell, I would crunch them for raids if it wouldn't cause the raiders to want to kill me. The bottom line is that Blogger does a better job of putting your site out there and getting hits on it. You cannot argue with statistical data unfortunately. It would be different I suppose if it were a business and we were paying for advertisement, then we could use whatever service we wanted to. In the end I think we would still end up right since Blogger has just made it too easy to not be here.

I hope you all go check out the site. There is a lot that I have planned for the site in the future and it will constantly be being updated, but for now I just simply plan to enjoy the site and I hope all of you do as well!

Edit: If you click on Mass Affluent Slayers in the post it will take you to the site. Also if you click on forums in the post it will take you to the forums.

No comments: