Sunday, July 25, 2010

Impending changes heading this way! That could describe a lot of things, but it is meant to describe what you can expect from us here at Holy Shock. I have been accused of being quite picky at times during my life and in truth I am. I believe if you plan to do something, then plan to do it well. At the beginning of this year, I switched the way in which I posted here to the blog. I had begun to think that constant posts would equal quality post and upon reviewing those posts decided that constant posts were simply consistant and that did not necessarily make them a quality post. I decided that if I did not have anything to talk about then I would not post anything. I think the quality of the posts have greatly improved, but I was not happy with the gaps between posts. That led me to bringing Rather on board, who was shortly followed by my wife Eus. The two of them have definitely brought some different perspectives to the site here and I love reading what they have to talk about. I think that together, we have definitely been meeting the goal of putting out some quality posts and in an effort to continue this I am planning to bring back a couple of the weekly series that I was writing prior to this year.

The one that is on my mind is the Raid Project. In its most original form, it followed my guild as we attempted to break into raiding. The original idea came to me when members of the guild left and suggested that we look at just sticking with PVP. It was my therapy to show them, and everyone else, that we could raid. A lot of time has passed and I think that we have proven that we are one of the top strict ten man guilds on our server. I would make the claim that we could be considered the best, but I realize I am biased in that opinion. What this new Raid Project will focus on is what makes us who we are. It will focus on what we did that proved to be successful and what we did that became our demise. The ultimate goal is to showcase the talent that the guild has and to show how we used our resources to accomplish our goals. Another asepct of this ongoing series will be that you get to know the members of our raid team. I have said in the past that I feel like one of my weakest areas is in the fact that I do not give enough praise to my guild. I am going to take major steps to correct this and some of that may just blead over into other posts.

Needless to say there are a lot of minor changes heading this way and I hope that over the coming months that you all stay with us here at Holy Shock and continue to enjoy the ramblings of thoughts that we put together. Also, if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, we are never opposed to hearing from you and we love the chance to interact with you all.

No comments: