As I stated in yesterdays post very briefly, I want to move from very narrow topics to allowing for a little more breathing room in regards to topics. So what topics will we actually cover now in this series? Good question and here are some themes that are open to discussion:
- Leadership - It is always good to be willing to talk about leadership in a series that wants to focus on leadership right?
- Guild Drama - Or more sepcifically, how to squash it quickly. I do not think there is a way to say how to avoid it as people will always find ways to create drama and our job is to squash it like a nasty bug.
- Direction - How does one set a direction and how does one achieve that direction? This is a tough topic to tackle, but we shall do our best to take it on here. Having led a guild for a little while, I have learned a few things about direction.
- Delegation - We cannot do it all ourselves and therefore we need reliable people to delegate authority and responsibilities to and that is what we will talk about.
- Penalties - I was trying to think of a nice way to say what to do if someone completely fails at their assigned task or even how to tell if you are failing at your own duties and this is what we are going to look at.
- Voodoo - That is right, we are going to examine the mystic art of running a guild, which often may be voodoo (or "smoke and mirrors").