Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Paladin's Thoughts On All Things Holy: Introduction

Alright so as I stated in previous blogs, every day here at Holy Shock will be dedicated to one specific topic in an on-going series style approach. For Tuesdays we will focus on the life of a Holy Paladin. One thing we will be open for is answering questions from potential Holy Paladins. Now, do not look for us to be doing number crunching, we leave that up to a few others who really love that sort of thing. How I like to approach things is from experiences I have had in game.

I have seen a lot of folks who run blogs who will say that this is the specific way to play this class and these talents are absolutely neccessary. In fact I would be wrong for saying anything like that as I have learned there is no one specific way to play a class. Are there some ways that are better than others? Absolutely, but that does not mean they are the only way to play a class effectively. Take for instance Ruhtra and my wife's Paladin. We are both Holy and when geared at the same level, can run the same content. However, I chose to build into retribution and grab up all the crit % that is there for free. I tried to convince my wife that this was the "best" way to play. She has ran everything in the game when given the opportunity and has had no issues, all the while not using what I thought to be the "best" build.

So to that point, those are the things we are really looking for here at Holy Shock. I love the classic builds and the traditional ways to play. But at the end of the day, the one thing that is great about the hybrid classes specificially, is that there are numerous ways to play them. Does it make one better than the other? Who knows? I say if you are running content and providing a solid performance and keeping the group up and moving, then that is what matters.

No comments: