Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Walani: Old School Shaman

Let me introduce you to Walani. He was the first toon that I had who reached level 70. I leveled him as a restoration Shaman for the sake of getting in groups. When he hit 70, I did not have a lot of options so I went off to do nothing but battlegrounds. I eventually formed an arena team and had some moderate success with him and was able to get some decent gear for him.

I wish I would have spent more time with him, but my love was with Ruhtra. As of late I have been spending some time with Walani, dusting off the old totems and focusing the spirits of nature in preparation of his run to 80. I have changed his spec to elemental. I really do not see the need to have a second healer and in the trial runs through UK, he has been topping the charts for DPS. Granted his gear is fairly decent and will not be replaced too easily. There are some really nice drops in the mid 70s range that will do nice, but until then I am just kicking back and raining down lightening on anything and everything that gets in his way.

When it comes to long term goals, I do want to give this old school Shaman the respect he deserves and get him geared up and running all the newest content. I do not know if I will have the time to do it, since he is on the account that my wife plays on. My goal is simple, when she logs onto her second account, I log on and work with Walani. I have him almost to 71 and am looking forward to seeing how he does as he progresses through the levels.

My all time favorite moment was hitting 70 with Walani. It was the first character to reach 70 and everything seemed so new and open for opportunity. Unfortunately, because I did not play Walani as much Ruhtra, most of the comedy occurred with Ruhtra. I guess Walani is more of a serious individual than his contemporary.

No comments: